Raised gardens are a great way to grow veges, even if you have a small garden or only a paved outdoor area. Read on to learn about the many benefits of using Birdies Garden beds to grow your garden.
Benefits Of Birdies Garden Beds
- You can maximise your gardening capacity even in small spaces and paved or concrete areas.
- Because they are raised from the ground level, they will reduce the number of pests that have access to your plants, resulting in a better crop yield.
- You can control the type of soil in the planter box and choose the perfect option that suits the kind of vegetables you will be growing.
- Weeding and watering are much easier as the garden is raised for easy access.
Vegetables That Will Thrive In A Raised Garden Bed
Depending on the size and depth of your garden bed, you will find that many types of vegetables are really easy to grow. Leafy vegetables, for example, are perfect for smaller containers as they have shallow roots. However, other vegetables like potatoes need deep soil to develop fully.
In a shallower bed, you can try some of these options:
- Herbs such as basil, mint, parsley, coriander, thyme and chives
- Leafy vegetables such as kale, lettuce and spinach
- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, bok choy, watercress, turnips and cauliflower
- Bulbs such as garlic, leeks, shallots and onion
- Climbers like peas and beans do well when placed next to a trellis or fence
- Root veges like radishes, beets and carrots
- Spice up your selections with some chillies, hot peppers and sweet peppers
- Even fruits like strawberries, cherries, gooseberries and blueberries
For your deeper garden bed, you can grow all of the above, but these veges will need some extra space:
- Potatoes and sweet potatoes
Contact Birdies Garden Products today to order a rasied garden bed for your garden! We offer high-quality products at great prices to help you on the way to gardening greatness! Scott and Gemma are standing by to answer all of your questions.